- Map of Native American Tribal Lands – This fascinating map shows the names that the tribes themselves use, or used, and the locations of their lands before the European invasion.
- Association on American Indian Affairs – Established in 1922 to promote sovereignty, culture, self-determination and self-sufficiency of American Indians.
- National Congress of American Indians – Established in 1944 in response to the termination and assimilation policies the US government.
- National Indian Education Association – Formed by Native educators in 1969 to encourage a national discourse on Native education.
- IllumiNative – Promoting contemporary Native voices, stories and issues and are empowered with accurate Native history, knowledge of the contributions of Native peoples.
- NDN Collective – An Indigenous-led organization creating sustainable solutions on Indigenous terms.
- AIM – The American Indian Movement organization founded in 1968.
- The Kumeyaay – These are the native people on whose ancestral land I live. Their territory stretched from modern Escondido in northern San Diego County, well past Ensenada in modern Baja California. The Kumeyaay have a rich history of independence and perseverance, and a fascinating tradition stretching back thousands of years B.C.
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee – A book about American westward expansion from a non-Eurocentric perspective, by Dee Brown